For the moment, the Samsung Galaxy S II can be bought in Australia only unsubsidized, for the hefty price of 899 AUD (about $950).
In case you want to get the smartphone on contract, Optus will offer it starting early next month. In fact, the carrier lets you pre-order the new Android 2.3-based Galaxy right now, saying it will deliver it on June 1 (for pre-orders made before May 28).
Optus’ Galaxy S II can be yours for free on plans starting at 79 AUD per month – go here to pre-order it today.
Telstra should also launch the Samsung Galaxy S II in Australia, although the carrier hasn’t announced when exactly it intends to do it.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy S II can be pre-ordered at Telstra now
- Samsung Galaxy S II, Motorola Xoom headed to Telstra Australia
- Windows Phone 7 in Australia: HTC 7 Mozart, HTC 7 Trophy, Samsung Omnia 7, LG Optimus 7 and Optimus 7Q
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to be launched in Australia on June 18 (via Optus)
- HTC Sensation and Samsung Galaxy S II to be launched next month by Telstra