The LG Optimus 3D is fast approaching availability in the UK, or so we hope. More than three months after being officially unveiled during Mobile World Congress, you still can’t buy it in any shop, however we’ve heard recently that it’s finally going to become available on June 6, in SIM-free and unlocked form.
If you’d rather not spend an arm and a leg for the device, and don’t have anything against committing to long-term contracts, online retailer BuyMobilePhones now has the Optimus 3D up for pre-order with a great variety of monthly plans from all the big UK operators.
The cheapest option is available on T-Mobile, with the smartphone being free on a £25.54 per month 24-month plan. That will give you 600 minutes, 500 texts, and ‘unlimited’ data (whatever that means nowdays). If you need more minutes and/or texts, or if you just don’t want to have T-Mobile as your operator for some reason, there are many other options. Just head on over to BuyMobilePhones and browse the exhaustive list.
The LG Optimus 3D has a 4.3-inch 800×480 capacitive 3D touchscreen, dual (for 3D capture) 5 MP autofocus cameras with 1080p HD 2D video capture and 720p HD 3D video capture, a dual-core 1 GHz TI processor, 8 GB of internal storage expandable via microSD, 512 MB of RAM, HSPA, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, 3D media playback, HDMI out, and a 1500 mAh battery. The LG Optimus 3D runs Android 2.2 Froyo.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini and Mini Pro up for pre-order in the UK on contract, free from £15/month
- LG Optimus 3D now available at Three UK, free from £35 per month
- US Cellular now offers LG Optimus U and LG Apex Android smartphones with prepaid plans
- HTC One V on-contract pre-orders start in the UK, free from £13.50 per month
- HTC Desire S now available at Vodafone UK, free on contracts starting at £30 per month