Back in February, during Mobile World Congress, Samsung unveiled an entire family of Android devices other than the Samsung Galaxy S II. And while the high-end offering clearly gets all the attention, the other smartphones will (read:should) sell a lot better.
One such handset is the Galaxy Gio. This is a very interesting midranger, if, of course, you can get over that name or the fact that it runs Android 2.2 Froyo in this day and age. The Samsung Galaxy Gio has become available in the UK through well known third party online retailer Expansys, which now offers the Gio SIM-free and unlocked for £161.99. Free shipping is also available.
The Samsung Galaxy Gio has an 800 MHz processor, a 3.2-inch 320×480 capacitive touchscreen, a 3.15 MP autofocus camera, 158 MB of internal memory expandable via microSD (a 2 GB card is included in the sales package), HSDPA, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and a 1350 mAh battery.
If you’re interested, head on over to Expansys right now and place your order.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy R now available in the UK, can be yours for £409.99
- T-Mobile will launch two affordable Android smartphones, the Move and the Samsung Galaxy Mini
- T-Mobile myTouch 4G and Samsung Galaxy S 4G free with contract for limited time
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo actually became available today in the UK, priced from £342 SIM-free
- HTC Salsa and ChaCha Facebook phones will be available in the UK on June 17