We haven’t heard much about the BlackBerry Torch 2 yet, or, better said, we haven’t heard about it many times – since it has already had its spec sheet leaked, we pretty much know all there is to know about this device, save for the price and release date. Although even the former of those can be guessed (just look at the original Torch for guidance), as for the latter – read on.
TechnoBuffalo has received a couple of blurry live pictures of an evaluation Torch 2 unit. Clearer pictures have been promised for the future. The device looks a lot like its predecessor, as it probably should, since the form factor is the same: portrait slider that reveals a full physical QWERTY keyboard.
In case you’ve forgotten for some reason, here’s a refresher on the rumored specs of the Torch 2. It’s said to have a 1.2 GHz processor, 768 MB of RAM, a 3.17-inch 640×480 capacitive touchscreen, 8 GB of internal storage space, a 5 MP rear camera with 720p HD video recording, and a microSD card slot.
Not a bad package, and it’s also rumored to be running that brand new BlackBerry OS 7 when it launches. And rumor has it that it will hit the streets in July. So, a couple of more months to wait if you just must have the highest-end BlackBerry there is (or will be).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Torch 2 video overview in the wild alongside even more live pics
- US Cellular BlackBerry Torch 9850 will be available on August 26 for $199.99
- Verizon BlackBerry Torch 9850 launch date leaked
- BlackBerry Torch 2 leaks too, will have 1.2 GHz processor, NFC support, and run BlackBerry OS 6.1
- BlackBerry R10 leaks again, this time in black, alongside full spec list