The smartphone can’t be bought unlocked yet, but customers will probably be able to do it starting next month. Unsurprising, you’ll have to pay a lot to get yourself an unlocked Sensation.
In Germany, Amazon lists the HTC Sensation at €600.60 (without providing a launch date).
In Italy, Media World shows a similar price (€599), also without saying when the handset will be available.
In the UK, Clove is the only retailer that lists the price of the Sensation (or at least the only one I’ve found): £498 including VAT, which means about €575. Clove lets you pre-order the handset right away, mentioning that the first stock is “due to arrive on June 27.”
The prices of the HTC Sensation will likely be lowered as the handset becomes available in more and more markets. Of course, you can always wait for a local carrier to start offering it subsidized.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Sensation gets priced in the UK: £499.99 SIM-free
- UK: HTC Sensation now available SIM-free and unlocked for £498
- HTC Sensation XE to hit the UK on October 1, should cost £492 unlocked
- Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus launched in the UK. Already out of stock
- UK: Samsung Galaxy S II price drops below £500