We have heard a lot of rumors about Toshiba’s upcoming Android tablet ever since CES, but today we have found out some concrete details from Toshiba itself.
Toshiba confirmed this morning that the tablet will be called the Thrive and that the pre-ordering will begin next week. The Thrive is priced at $429 for 8GB, $479 for 16GB, $579 for 32GB. That’s a pretty solid price for a device that is shipped with Android 3.1, has a Tegra 2 dual-core processor, and features an IPS display. Other attractive features are the full sized HDMI and USB ports and the ability to swap out the back of the tablet and replace it with a color you like.
Toshiba is smart and isn’t doing much to change the stock Android experience on the tablet. They are simply adding their Resolution+ brightening technology and a better file manager as well as some third party apps pre-installed including QuickOffice and LogMeIn.
The Thrive will start shipping early July, but Toshiba also mentioned that they would release another Android tablet with a different screen size at some point later in the year. Let us know what you think of the Toshiba Thrive in the comments section below.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Toshiba Thrive now available for pre-order starting at $430
- New 7-inch Toshiba Thrive Android Honeycomb tablet announced
- Toshiba Thrive Android Honeycomb tablet already available at some Best Buy locations
- Toshiba Thrive Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update now available
- Toshiba Thrive priced at $450