A couple of weeks ago, Vodafone officially announced the Smart – an own-brand Android smartphone that was meant to be sold cheap. Dirt cheap. This is no overachiever, and was never meant to be. This is an ‘introductory’ smartphone, one that’s meant for those who have no idea what a smartphone is. Or you may get it as a second device. Stuff like that.
Anyway, the Vodafone Smart is now available in the UK. And there’s some good news too. Back when it was unveiled, we heard it would cost around €90. Well, it’s even cheaper than that. A lot cheaper.
The Vodafone Smart can be yours for £60. On Pay as you go. So go, grab one now from Vodafone.
Granted, the specs of this device are nothing to write home about, then again you are getting a brand new smartphone for £60 on PAYG. The Smart has a 2.8-inch 240×320 capacitive touchscreen, a 2 MP camera, a 528 MHz processor, 130 MB of internal storage, microSD support, HSPA, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS. It runs Android 2.2 Froyo.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- UK: Vodafone Smart III gets you Android Jelly Bean in a £95 package
- LG Ego Wi-Fi is a touchscreen featurephone, yours for £65 on PAYG from Vodafone UK
- The Vodafone Smart makes it to India, can be yours for Rs. 6,695
- Vodafone UK intros cheap Smart II Android phone, only £58.30 on PAYG
- UK: Orange Barcelona now available for £99 on PAYG, Orange Stockholm gets priced too