Announced at MWC 2011 in February, the Salsa is one of HTC’s two Facebook-centric Android smartphones (alongside the ChaCha, of course).
Indian retailer Flipkart is selling the Salsa for 2,0449 INR (about $457), saying it will ship it in 4 business days.
Running Android Gingerbread, the HTC Salsa features a 3.4 inch Gorilla Glass display with 320 x 480 pixels, a dedicated Facebook button, HSDPA, Wi-Fi, GPS, 5MP rear camera, VGA front-facing camera, and a 600MHz processor (which may be upgraded to 800MHz, since this happened in the case of the ChaCha).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Salsa now available at O2 UK, free from £27 per month, £299.99 on PAYG
- #MWC11: HTC’s Facebook phones, Salsa and ChaCha, in live photos
- HTC ChaCha is Facebook-less in China, comes with QQ button instead
- HTC Salsa and ChaCha Facebook phones will be available in the UK on June 17
- Facebook-loving HTC ChaCha on its way to Canada (via Telus)