According to an email sent to the guys over at Phandroid, Motorola has started to contact Verizon Xoom owners about their free LTE upgrade.
Once the user is contacted by Motorola, he is sent a package with shipping materials and instructions on how to safely send his Xoom to the factory to get upgraded to LTE. Although Motorola was originally supposed to start the upgrades around May 24, they aren’t too far behind and at least they are getting started now.
Motorola failed to mention how long the upgrade would take, but I am sure it won’t take longer than two weeks. It’s good to see that Motorola is sticking to their promise and isn’t too late on delivering those highly craved 4G speeds.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Motorola Xoom 4G upgrade emails were sent by mistake
- Verizon Motorola Xoom tablets sent in for 4G hardware upgrade also get new software
- Verizon Motorola Xoom to get Android 3.2 in the coming weeks
- Verizon Motorola Xoom 4G LTE upgrade will happen in September
- Verizon Motorola Xoom 4G LTE upgrade now available