Although not officially available until June 17th, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is available for pre-order today at New York City’s Best Buy store and online.
Samsung’s latest tablet offering is equipped with Android 3.1 and is dual-core powered with a 10.1-inch screen and a 3-megapixel back camera and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera for video chats.
Lighter than the iPad, Android fans have been patiently waiting for a solid device that can match the same minimalist design of the popular Apple tablet. Android tablets have so far failed to generate the same buzz as the iPad, although the Galaxy Tab 10.1 might just change that, as Android operated systems are continuing to surge in popularity over Apple iOS devices.
Those who can’t make it to New York today but can’t wait until June 17th to purchase the Galaxy Tab will be able to reserve one online with Best Buy. The black and white versions with 16GB or 32GB are currently available.
The first 200 to pre-order the tablet at the NYC store will also receive a matching leather pouch.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 now available
- Want to buy an iPad 2 online? You’ll have to wait “4-5 weeks” until you actually get one
- HP TouchPad passes FCC, will launch soon
- Samsung says Americans are crazy about tablets, its Galaxy Tab 10.1 should benefit from this
- Toshiba Thrive priced at $450