Just a couple of days after Samsung officially announced the Galaxy Mini entry-level Android-powered smartphone we found out that in the US, T-Mobile decided to carry the device. Back then we had no more info, but in the meantime a T-Mobile roadmap has leaked showing the Galaxy Mini (a.k.a. t499) slated for a June 15 release.
Today more details are available. T-Mobile’s version of the Galaxy Mini will be called Samsung Dart, and the official imagery has leaked to CellPhoneSignal. Here it is in all its glory:
According to the same source, June 15 will indeed be when this phone hits the (US) streets. The Dart will come in one color version – gray – as seen above. It will have a QVGA (240×320) touchscreen, a 2 MP camera with no flash, 3G, and Bluetooth. The Dart will run Android 2.2 Froyo when it launches.
It’s interesting to note that the aforementioned specs are a bit different from those of the Galaxy Mini, which, for example, has a 3.2 MP camera. Now that may not necessarily mean that they’re wrong – T-Mobile may have asked Samsung to change things a bit so it can get the device cheaper. As June 15 is very close (a week from now in fact) we’ll find out soon enough.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile launches HTC Sensation 4G and Samsung Dart Android phones, both go out of stock online
- New Samsung Galaxy S III Mini colors get pictured
- Titanium gray Samsung Galaxy S III gets snapped in the wild as it heads to T-Mobile
- Pink Samsung Galaxy Note II officially unveiled
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini has four versions (dual SIM, LTE included). Galaxy Note 8.0 coming to AT&T?