As promised by Toshiba, the Toshiba Thrive is now available for pre-order starting at $430 for the 8GB base model. The 16GB option will cost you $480, while the 32GB option will run for $580. Notice how all of these options are cheaper than Apple’s iPad 2. This has become a popular new strategy for many Android tablet makers looking to make their mark with a solid tablet, but with an affordable price tag.
If you are unfamiliar with the Thrive, it spots a 10-inch High-resolution LED Screen, a 1 GHz dual-core Tegra 2 CPU, a 5 megapixel camera in the rear and a 2 megapixel camera in the front for video chatting, full-size HDMI, USB 2.0 and SD card slots. The tablet comes pre-loaded with the latest version of Honeycomb(3.1). One interesting feature of the Thrive is the interchangeable Easy Grip back covers, although you’ll have to shell out an extra $20 if you want a different color than black.
The Thrive is a nice option for those looking to get the full honeycomb experience, but don’t want to shell out $600 for a Wi-Fi Xoom. You can pre-order the Thrive from Toshiba, Amazon, Best Buy or Office Direct with delivery of the tablet expected mid-July.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New 7-inch Toshiba Thrive Android Honeycomb tablet announced
- Toshiba Thrive priced at $450
- Toshiba Thrive now available at Newegg, $429.99 for the 8 GB model, $479.99 for 16 GB
- Toshiba Thrive Android Honeycomb tablet already available at some Best Buy locations
- New, thinner Toshiba Android Honeycomb tablet coming soon