We have been expecting the HTC ChaCha to launch on AT&T at some point in the near future, but we have yet to hear any official information from AT&T.
The ChaCha has gotten one step closer to an AT&T launch after seeing it pass through the FCC today with AT&T 3G bands. If you are unfamiliar with the ChaCha, it spots a 800 MHz CPU, a full QWERTY keyboard with a dedicated Facebook button, a 2.6″ touchscreen, a 5 megapixel camera in the rear, and a 0.3 mexapixel camera in the front. The device runs on Android 2.3.3 with HTC Sense.
Unfortunately like every other device passing through the FCC, we don’t find out any info on pricing or availability. The ChaCha will be a nice entry level device for someone looking to experience Android, but not looking to shell out the extra cash for a high end device such as the Samsung Infuse 4G. We will keep you updated on the status of the AT&T HTC Cha Cha.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T officially acknowledges the existence of the Facebook-centric HTC Status (its ChaCha)
- AT&T to get a plethora of devices including Blackberry Torch 2 and HTC ChaCha
- Samsung Galaxy S II listed as “coming soon” on AT&T’s website
- AT&T’s ChaCha Facebook phone may be called HTC Status
- Samsung Stratosphere hits FCC, confirms LTE support