The Motorola Pro was announced back in February during Mobile World Congress as Europe’s version of what’s being sold in the US by Verizon under the name Droid Pro. And since that announcement, we’ve heard next to nothing about this Android-powered smartphone with a rather interesting form factor.
Especially in the UK, for a while it seemed like the Motorola Pro was cancelled and would never make it to Great Britain. The silence surrounding the Pro was broken today by well known online UK retailer Clove. In a blog post, it explains that it expects to have the first shipment of Motorola Pro smartphones in stock sometime in mid-July. There isn’t an exact release date yet, but we’ll keep you posted.
Anyway, it looks like the Motorola Pro is finally nearing launch in the UK, and if you are interested in it, Clove will let you pre-order one for £420.
The Motorola Pro is a candybar device that has a 3.1-inch 320×480 capacitive touchscreen, a full physical QWERTY keyboard underneath that screen, a 1 GHz TI processor, a 5 MP autofocus camera with dual-LED flash and 480p video recording, 8 GB of internal storage space, microSD card support, 10.2 Mbps HSDPA, 1.8 Mbps HSUPA, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and a 1420 mAh battery.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Dell Venue Pro will finally be available in the UK on March 26
- Motorola Pro+ pre-orders start in the UK, expected to ship in late October
- Motorola Pro+ finally available in the UK, yours for £322.80
- Motorola Fire and ZTE Tureis QWERTY Androids now out in the UK
- Nokia E6 now available in the US for $439 SIM-free, unlocked, sans contract