Toshiba has officially announced that its very first Android 3.1 Honyecomb tablet would be available in Canada starting August.
Now, this tablet is the Thrive that we’ve seen several times before, but Toshiba Canada doesn’t call it like that. It simply refers to it as the Toshiba Tablet. Maybe it plans to re-brand it for the Canadian market, who knows?
Anyway. The tablet – the Toshiba Tablet – features a 10.1 inch screen with 1280 x 800 pixels, “Adaptive Display and Resolution+ video enhancement technologies” for image sharpness and clarity, Wi-Fi, GPS, HDMI, stereo speakers with SRS Labs sound enhancement, 5MP rear camera, 2MP front-facing camera, and a dual-core Nvidia Tegra 2 processor.
The tablet’s prices will be as follows:
- $429 (8GB version)
- $479 (16GB version)
- $579 (32GB version)
Canadian customers will be able to buy the Toshiba Tablet from various retailers, including Best Buy, Future Shop, Walmart and Staples. A series of optional accessories will be available for the tablet, including an HDMI multimedia dock, and a Portfolio 360 case that “features a patent-pending rotating design that enables users to position the tablet at multiple viewing angles in both landscape and portrait modes without removing the tablet from the case.”
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HP TouchPad can be pre-ordered in the US and Canada now
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 pre-orders start in Canada, $499.99, shipping on July 22
- Toshiba Thrive Android Honeycomb tablet already available at some Best Buy locations
- 7-inch Toshiba Thrive tablet now available in Canada for $369.99
- Google Nexus 7 could arrive in Canada on July 23