Here’s one for you featurephone lovers, smartphone haters, or both. Orange UK has a new own-brand featurephone up its sleeves, and it’s calling it the Atlanta from Orange. At least there’s some consistency there with regard to using city names for own-brand devices. That’s where the consistency ends, though, and strangeness intervenes.
The Orange Atlanta is cheap indeed, at just £39.99 on Pay as you go. However, unlike any other phone we’ve ever seen on PAYG in the UK, if you want to get one, you’ll have to also buy a massive £50 initial top-up. Now requiring initial top-ups is pretty much the norm in the UK, but so is their value - £10. 50 quid, though? That seems a bit much.
Anyway, if somehow you’re still interested in this phone, let’s quickly go through its specs. It has a 2 MP camera with video capture support, an MP3 player, video messaging, POP3/IMAP email support, WAP, dual-band GSM, a microSD card slot, Bluetooth, and it comes with built-in games.
If you’d like to buy one, just go to Orange right now and place your order.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Orange Dallas is a cheap candybar coming soon on PAYG
- Interesting Philips C600 and W186 unveiled
- Orange Lisbon and Orange Rio to be launched in the UK on PAYG
- Orange Vegas touchscreen phone to be launched for only €69 on PAYG
- UK: Orange Rio II is a touchscreen + QWERTY candybar that costs £69.99 on Pay as you go