Motorola has officially announced its third-generation Milestone Android smartphone – unfortunately, it did it only in China. The Chinese version of the handset is called Motorola XT883, and looks exactly like the Droid 3 / Milestone 3 we’ve seen in the leaked photos appeared in the last few months.
The XT883 will be available starting the third quarter of the year, being offered by China Telecom (the only Chinese carrier that still has a CDMA network).
The new Milestone features Android 2.3 Gingerbread, a 4 inch qHD (960 x 540) display, a redesigned 5-row QWERTY keyboard, Wi-Fi, GPS, 1GHz dual-core Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, front-facing camera, 8MP rear camera with 1080p video recording, and 16GB of internal storage space.
As previously reported, Verizon may launch the Motorola Droid 3 in the US on July 7. Now that the Chinese edition of the smartphone has gone official, this could really happen. We’ll let you know!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Milestone 3 (Droid 3) may not be launched in the UK
- Motorola Milestone 3 now available in Brazil, other South American countries by the end of September
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid 3 costs $149.99 at Amazon, too
- Motorola launches MT870 in China, the first dual-core TD-SCDMA Android smartphone
- Motorola XT882 dual-everything Android smartphone goes to China this month