Nokia Europe VP Victor Saeijs told attendees at the 2011 Mobile Telecompaper conference that the Netherlands, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and the UK will be the first countries to receive Nokia Windows Phone handsets.
Saeijs promised a Windows Phone handset from Nokia before the end of the year, even going so far as to claim he was carrying a prototype himself. Saeijs of course would not produce the prototype, and security was apparently able to protect him from anyone curious enough to want to call his bluff.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Windows Phone Marketplace now has a Nokia category
- Like the N9, Nokia’s Sea Ray Windows Phone handset doesn’t have hardware keys on the front
- The first Nokia Windows Phone (Sea Ray) unveiled by Stephen Elop?
- Nokia invites us to see what’s new with Symbian smartphones on April 12. Nokia E6?
- Nokia Lumia 510 now shipped with Windows Phone 7.8? Lumia 800 gets its WP 7.8 update