Back in January, among many other tablet-related announcements, we also first heard about Vizio’s plans to enter the (now quite crowded) Android tablet market. Since then, we’ve seen its tablet pop up at the FCC, and a rumored entry price point has been floating around the interwebs – $349.
And that (the price) may just turn out to be one of Vizio’s main selling points for its tablet. The Vizio tablet will also come with an 8-inch touchscreen, a size that hasn’t been tried yet in the Android world. We’re used to 10.1-inch tablets, even 8.9-inch or 7-inch offerings, but an eight-incher will be something new.
Vizio’s tablet will even act as a remote control for your Vizio TV, should you have one of those. All in all it seems to be an interesting player in the tablet space. We’re just hoping Vizio finally decides to officially unveil its specs, price, and release date.
But speaking of the latter, a leak from Walmart now points us towards the 26th week of this year as when the Vizio tablet will become available at the well known retailer. That’s in six weeks from now. Whether they will turn out to be six long weeks or six short weeks I guess depends on how badly you want a Vizio Android tablet. Or any Android tablet for $349, for that matter.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 8-inch Vizio Android tablet now on pre-order at Amazon for $349.99
- Vizio Android Tablet details revealed
- Vizio’s Android Tablet now shipping in U.S. for $300
- Vizio Via Android phone and tablet announced – Nokia specialists developed them
- Vizio’s 8-inch Android Gingerbread tablet up for pre-order, priced from $379.99, ships on July 18