We’re not sure why it’s taken them so long, but Facebook is putting the final touches on an app that will be available for iPad users.
Many Facebook users have resorted to using third-party apps to access the popular social networking site on their tablet devices, including My Pad, iFace and Friendly.
The delay in an iPad-friendly app might be due to Facebook’s rumored plans of a new mobile platform that will take on Apple’s App Store, according to reports.
Called “Project Spartan,” it will reportedly be HTML5-based and will aim to “break the stranglehold” Apple currently has on the mobile app market.
Previously, Facebook was quick to launch their mobile app for the iPhone when the app store launched in 2008. The iPad though has been out since April 2010, with users waiting over a year for an app from the social-networking giant.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- How Facebook Plans to Take over the Mobile World
- Rumor: HTC’s Buffy is The Facebook Phone
- Facebook To Create Photo-Sharing App For iPhone
- New, redesigned 9.7 inch iPad 5 coming in Q3?
- 7.85 inch iPad Mini to come in late 2012, iPad 3 in Q1 2012