The 7-inch Honeycomb-running Acer Iconia Tab A100 just got priced at Walmart, which is more than a bit odd. First of all, because the tablet itself is still nowhere to be seen in Walmart stores – it’s just literally the price (tag) which is getting all the attention today.
It’s also strange because last we heard anything about the Iconia Tab A100, it was supposedly delayed until the second half of the year. Now that may, of course, mean that it will launch in July (since that is after all in the second half of the year), yet we assumed that meant later in the year – as manufacturers usually release stuff closer to the end of their projected time frames.
But, if Walmart hasn’t priced the Iconia Tab A100 by mistake, it certainly looks like the Iconia Tab A500′s little brother is bound to be released soon, at least in the US at Walmart. And that $349 price seems about right, considering what you get for it: one of the first 7-inch tablets to run Android Honeycomb, a dual-core 1 GHz processor, two cameras, and 8 GB of internal storage space (expandable via microSD cards).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 7-inch Acer Iconia Tab A100 will finally be released in August for $300
- Acer A501 Iconia Tab 4G pre-orders start at Amazon for $499.99
- Acer Iconia Smart, Iconia Tab 500 and Iconia Tab 100 launched in India
- Acer Iconia Tab A100 delayed until the second half of the year
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 to cost just $400 and come with $50 gift card at Target starting on July 17