Although neither HTC nor AT&T has confirmed the future release of the Facebook-centric ChaCha in the US, the smartphone seems to be really close to hitting the shelves via the second largest North American carrier.
Earlier this month, an HTC ChaCha with AT&T-friendly 3G bands was approved by the FCC, and now we get to see an AT&T-branded version of the handset.
Unsurprisingly, AT&T’s ChaCha is pretty much the same as the ChaCha that’s already available in Europe. The Faecbook button is slightly different, though, and some keys on the QWERTY keyboard have received new functions.
Image via PocketNow
Running Android 2.3 Gingerbread, the HTC ChaCha features a 2.6 inch HVGA (480 x 320) touchscreen display, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, 5MP rear camera, VGA front-facing camera, and an 800 MHz processor. AT&T will probably offer the smartphone for under $100 on contract.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Facebook-loving HTC ChaCha on its way to Canada (via Telus)
- AT&T’s HTC Status Facebook phone will arrive on July 17 for $49 (video)
- HTC Status will bring some Facebook love to Telus this Friday
- Facebook-centric HTC ChaCha now available in the UK
- HTC ChaCha price unveiled: €319 (in Germany)