The Sony Ericsson W8, the first Walkman-branded Android smartphone, is now available to purchase in India. We knew it was coming, of course, since India was mentioned as one of the first countries to get the device when it was announced.
The W8 can be yours for Rs.10,950 from online retailers such as Flipkart and Saholic. Undoubtedly, many more retailers will follow suit and have the W8 in stock soon. The W8 comes in three colors: Azure Blue, Walkman Orange, and Metallic Red.
The Sony Ericsson W8 is far from a top of the line device. In fact, it’s a low-to-midrange offering with some lowly specs, that aims to sell mostly thanks to the brand recognition that Walkman still gets in some parts of the world (including India, apparently).
The W8 has a 3-inch 320×480 capacitive touchscreen, a 600 MHz processor, a 3.2 MP camera with video recording, 128 MB of internal storage space, 168 MB of RAM, microSD card support, 7.2 Mbps HSDPA, 2 Mbps HSUPA, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, and a 1200 mAh battery.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman launched in India
- Sony Ericsson WT18i Walkman smartphone gets unveiled for China
- Sony Ericsson W8 Walkman Android smartphone won’t be launched in the UK
- Sony Ericsson Walkman Android phone coming this month?
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V pre-orders start in India for Rs. 17,999, ships on October 12