The HTC Wildfire S was unveiled in February during MWC as the successor to the original Wildfire and HTC’s main midrange Android-powered offering. Since then, it’s become available in many places, including in Canada through Bell.
However, we’ve known for about a month that aside from Bell, Virgin Mobile would also launch the Wildfire S in Canada. It still hasn’t, but today pricing for the Virgin Mobile Wildfire S has leaked, suggesting that a launch will happen very soon.
The HTC Wildfire S will cost $29.99 at Virgin Mobile Canada with the SuperTab or a three-year contract. The no-contract price will be $249.99, and you’ll also be able to get the smartphone on a prepaid plan for $199.99.
And those prices line up nicely with what the Wildfire S has to offer in terms of features. It’s a very capable midranger that is sure to be chosen by many for its price/features ratio. We’ll let you know when it finally becomes available at Virgin Mobile in Canada. In the meantime, you could of course get it from Bell if you don’t have anything against doing so.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Virgin Mobile Canada set to release the HTC Sensation for $499.99 and the Wildfire S for $199.99
- Canada: Virgin Mobile HTC Wildfire S may launch on July 8
- HTC Wildfire S to cost $249 at Bell Canada. Virgin Mobile will launch it, too
- Canada: HTC Sensation will cost $149.95 at Bell and Virgin Mobile
- Canada: Samsung Galaxy Nexus arrives at Rogers and Fido on January 10 (Motorola RAZR too at Fido)