Last month we first heard some tidbits about HTC’s supposed plans to bring to market an Android smartphone aimed at women. That was apparently going to be sold by Verizon in the US. Some time has passed since then, but it now looks like HTC hasn’t given up on its women-centric ambitions.
An image of a device called (or perhaps codenamed) HTC Glamor has leaked today, and judging by the wild colors it sports, it may be the incarnation of the HTC Bliss project rumored last month. Back then we had no image to look at, however this HTC Glamor doesn’t quite look like the Bliss was supposed to. The Bliss was apparently resembling a Desire S or Desire Z, and the Glamor, while obviously recognizable as an HTC, has a design that’s a bit different.
So it may be that this is another device altogether, and HTC has either scrapped the Bliss project, or it plans to launch more than one women-focused device in the near future.
The HTC Glamor will probably be one of those – that much we can infer from the colors and the name (or codename). Now whether it’s women that are happy to buy phones in such colors or girls, that’s an entirely different matter. Yet phone makers seem to think such ‘differentiation’ is worth it. So let’s wait and see what happens.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Bliss image leaks, may just depict a women-focused Android smartphone
- Verizon HTC Bliss will be an Android smartphone aimed at women
- More HTC Bliss live images leak, this time not blurry at all
- HTC Bliss(Rhyme) press shot leaked, headed for a September 20th launch date?
- HTC Rhyme now available at Verizon for $199.99 with contract