The Nokia X6 has received a software update, taking it to v32. For those of you unfamiliar with Nokia’s conventions, that doesn’t mean that this phone has already received 30 updates (although it has received some). 32 is equivalent to 3.2, in a way.
Anyway, one thing you really can’t say about Nokia is that it doesn’t support its Symbian phones with minor updates. The X6 was announced in September of 2009, and here it is getting updated in June of 2011. Granted, the update doesn’t bring any earth-shattering new features.
It does, however, update the phone’s built-in applications, improves overall performance, and makes the X6 more stable by “minimizing errors and lags”. In other words, many bugs have been squashed, some performance tweaks have been made, and minor new app versions were added.
Not a bad deal for X6 owners. To get the update, go to Settings > Tools > Software update or just dial *#0000#, hit Options > Check for update, and go from there.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia E7 gets a minor software update
- Nokia issues another OTA firmware update for Nokia N78, v12.046
- Nokia E72 gets a firmware update to v54
- Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch gets an update that fixes its loss of signal issues
- AT&T Motorola Atrix 2 gets a software update, many bug fixes and performance enhancements