Two very interesting high-end Android smartphones have gone up for pre-order in Canada today courtesy of Future Shop.
The LG Optimus Black is headed to Telus with some rather innovative Skype integration, although said integration happens more on your Telus bill than on the phone itself. Still, it’s an interesting idea, and probably a first for any carrier (at least as far as I can remember). And while we don’t have an exact release date to speak of for the Optimus Black on Telus, we do know the launch will happen sometime during the next few weeks.
The HTC Sensation 4G, HTC’s flagship non-3D device right now, is going to be released by Bell on July 5. The Sensation 4G of course represents pretty much the best that the Android world can offer you right now, it being (alongside the Samsung Galaxy S II) the highest-specced device out there.
Both of these smartphones can be pre-ordered starting today. All you need to do is go to a Future Shop retail location, ask to speak to a Product Expert, and put down a $50 deposit. That’s it. Unfortunately because that’s it, we still have no solid information on pricing of either handset, but that’s bound to come too. And soon, since these phones are going to be in stores in a few weeks. We’ll keep you posted.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Telus LG Optimus Black Skype Edition now available, $49.99 with three-year contract
- Telus to launch the LG Optimus Black Skype Edition this summer
- Telus offers the iPhone 4 for $99.99 and five Androids for free until September 7
- LG Optimus One Skype Edition on its way to Koodo Mobile in Canada
- LG Optimus Black on its way to Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular, and Virgin Mobile