If you happen to own an Android device that has a front-facing camera, you’ll be interested in the latest security app to be added to the Android Market, Visidon Applock.
Unfortunately, the app will not work on your main lockscreen, but will instead protect any app you wish by scanning using facial recognition. This is a great app for any parent that has small children who love to play games on your smartphone, but you don’t want them sending an email or text message by accident. If the light is to dim in your current environment, there is a passcode bypass option.
The best feature of this app is that it is free. Go ahead and check out the video below of Visidon Applock and follow the link below to the Android Market to download it yourself.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- NEC’s “Bubble Talk” service enables voice message sending on the fly
- Fring out of beta, brings 4 way video chat to Android and iOS
- Twitter upgrades SMS functionality: Fast Follow, alerts and more
- Skype now offers voicemail to text services
- LG holding contests in Korea and Brazil to honor your mad text messaging skillz