Last week, we told you that Bell was planning to release the Samsung Galaxy S II, and now the Canadian carrier has officially confirmed this.
The new Android Gingerbread smartphone has appeared over at Bell’s website, where it’s called Galaxy S II 4G (since it supports data transfer speeds of up to 21Mbps).
Unfortunately, Bell doesn’t say when exactly customers will be able to buy the S II. However, the carrier hints at a possible mid-July launch: it gives away ten new Galaxy handsets via a draw that will take place on July 19. You can follow this link to find out more details.
Samsung will introduce the Galaxy S II in the US, too – most likely in the next few months. All major carriers (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile) should have their own version of the handset.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy S III officially launching on July 10
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III now expected to “ship by July 10″
- Verizon to launch the HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE on June 21, Samsung Galaxy S III on June 28 (or in July?)
- Samsung Galaxy S III to be launched by Verizon on July 12?
- Samsung Link QWERTY smartphone to hit Bell Canada