It looks like Motorola is readying the launch of yet another new Android handset, apparently called Motorola Droid HD.
Unfortunately, we don’t know much about the device, other than its alleged name, and the fact that someone snapped some photos with it and uploaded them on Flickr. The EXIF data shows that the photos were taken in Libertyville, Illinois, where Motorola Mobility’s headquarters are. So it’s quite likely that a Motorola employee is currently testing the handset.
The HD part of its name could suggest that the new smartphone has a 1280 x 720 pixels display. In case you haven’t found out yet, 4 inch and 4.5 inch displays with this resolution are already being manufactured. Also, we’ve heard that Google’s next Nexus phone may have such a display, too.
Since the Droid brand is used only by Verizon, it makes sense for us to expect the Droid HD to be announced by the carrier sometime soon. Of course, Verizon will probably introduce the Motorola Droid 3 before we get to hear more about this mysterious Droid HD.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New Motorola Droid 3 to come with 4 inch display, front-facing camera
- Verizon officially presents the Motorola Droid X
- Verizon confirms its Motorola Droid Xyboards in LTE anniversary announcement
- Verizon Motorola Droid X2 (Daytona) will have dual-core Tegra 2 processor, 960×540 touchscreen
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid 2 shows up again, will “probably” come with Android 2.2 Froyo