Sprint’s’ old Samsung Galaxy Tab (the 7 inch, Android 2.2 Froyo version) will reportedly receive a software update in early July – more exactly, on July 5.
The update will be made over the air, bringing Android 2.3 Gingerbread to the Tab, as well HID Bluetooth.
The same day (July 5), Sprint should also upgrade the QWERTY-equipped Samsung Transform smartphone, unfortunately not with Gingerbread, but with an error fix.
Meanwhile, I’ve noticed that the new Galaxy Tab 10.1 isn’t yet available at Sprint’s website, although the carrier said it would be starting June 24. Anyone knows anything about this?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint announces the Samsung Transform Ultra for Boost Mobile, available on October 7 for $229.99
- Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Android 2.3 Gingerbread update may be out this month
- Sprint working on an official Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for Samsung Epic 4G Touch
- Keyboardless Samsung Galaxy S II also coming to AT&T?
- New Samsung Android phone with QWERTY keyboard headed to AT&T. Is it its Galaxy S II?