The story of the HTC Sensation‘s launch in Canada is about to hit its grand finale, at least where Bell and Virgin Mobile are concerned. See, Bell has already officially announced the smartphone, but in that announcement was no mention of either pricing or a release date. Soon after that, a leak brought us the targeted release date: July 5. And after that, Future Shop even started taking pre-orders for the device, albeit cleverly without having to mention a price (just a $50 deposit needed).
Today we have yet another confirmation of the July 5 launch date, only this time it’s for both Bell and Virgin Mobile. Alongside that, however, we finally get some info on pricing. Up until now we’ve been operating under the assumption that Bell’s no-contract price for the HTC Sensation will be $549.99, and today’s leaked internal document lets us in on the price that will be asked when you opt to sign a new three-year contract with either Bell or Virgin Mobile – $149.95.
So starting on Tuesday, if you’re in Canada, you’ll be able to pick up what is now one of the top Android superphones for almost $150 with a three-year contract, or, presumably, almost $550 without any commitment whatsoever.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Virgin Mobile Canada set to release the HTC Sensation for $499.99 and the Wildfire S for $199.99
- Bell HTC Sensation 4G will be available on July 5
- Canada: Virgin Mobile HTC Wildfire S pricing leaks, launch should happen soon
- Canada: Virgin Mobile HTC Wildfire S may launch on July 8
- BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 coming to Bell, Virgin Canada