Sony Ericsson unveiled the Xperia Ray Android-powered smartphone not long ago, and since then in the UK Three has announced that it will carry it, and the Carphone Warehouse said it would launch the device sometime in August.
So from Sony Ericsson’s initial release time frame of “in the third quarter of this year”, we narrowed it down to “in August”. And today we narrow it all the way down to August 15 – when, apparently, the Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray will become available in the UK.
That information comes from well known online retailer Play.com, which has started taking pre-orders for the little Android handset. The price being asked is £349.99, with free delivery.
So in about six weeks you’ll be able to get your hands on an Xperia Ray, the smartphone that (at least in terms of screen size) sits right beneath the Xperia Neo. Although this isn’t your typical 3.2-inch Android phone, like the HTC Wildfire S, for example, since the Ray’s specs would have been up there at the high-end just one year ago. And even by today’s standards, it’s very much close to the ‘top’, especially in terms of its camera.
So if you’d like to make sure that you’ll be among the first in the UK to get one, go to Play.com now and pre-order yours.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Pre-orders for the new Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro start in the UK, £239.99, shipping August 5
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini pre-orders start in India, shipping next week
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray may become available in the UK in August
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Active pre-orders start in the UK for £229.99, shipping on September 9
- Canada: Rogers Sony Ericsson Xperia Play and Xperia Arc now on pre-order at Best Buy