Last month, when Toshiba announced that its Thrive Honeycomb tablet would be officially released in the US, it said customers should expect it to become available in mid-July.
However, now it looks like some Best Buy locations are already selling the Thrive. According to a thread found over at the Thrive Forums, the tablet is available at Best Buy in Austin, Texas. Only the 16GB and 32GB versions of the Thrive seem to be available now (for $479.99 and $579.99, respectively), but the 8GB version should be also out pretty soon (for $429.99).
The new tablet features a 10.1 inch display with 1280 x 800 pixels, Wi-Fi, GPS, 3.5mm headset jack, stereo speakers with SRS Labs sound enhancement, 5MP rear camera, 2MP front-facing camera, HDMI-out, 1GB of RAM, dual-core 1GHz Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, and MicroSD card support.
The Thrive will be released in Canada, too, sometime in August. It’s called simply Toshiba Tablet there, and its prices will be similar to the ones for the US market.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Toshiba Tablet with Android 3.1 Honeycomb launching in Canada in August
- New 7-inch Toshiba Thrive Android Honeycomb tablet announced
- 7-inch Toshiba Thrive tablet now available in the US, priced from $379.99
- Toshiba Excite AT200 with Android Honeycomb to be launched in Canada in February
- 7-inch Toshiba Thrive tablet now available in Canada for $369.99