Here’s some good news if you want to buy yourself the upcoming BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 in the UK. The smartphone may become available over there a full month earlier than we previously thought it would.
A couple of days ago, the Bold 9900 was listed by Amazon UK, in both white and black. The black version was due for release, according to the retailer, on September 15. And while that is inside the “third quarter” window that we heard will be when the device is finally out, it’s to the end.
Now another well known online retailer that does business in the UK, Play.com, has also listed the (black) BlackBerry Bold 9900. Its price is lower than what Amazon asks, £519.99 compared to £549.99 to pre-order RIM’s smartphone.
Not only that, but Play.com also says that the Bold 9900 will be shipping on August 12. That’s more than a month before Amazon’s estimated release date, so it means you only have about a month or so left to wait if you’re in the UK and have to have the first BlackBerry to have a touchscreen in that ‘classic’ BB form factor.
Of course, at this rate, we’re half expecting there to be another retailer posting an even sooner release in a day or two. If so, be sure we’ll be here to let you know.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Black BlackBerry Bold 9900 launches in the UK on September 15, white version a month later
- Sprint’s BlackBerry Bold 9930 and Torch 9850 discounted at Walmart
- Sprint launches BlackBerry Bold 9930 for $199.99 after all
- BlackBerry Bold 9900 coming to more UK retailers. Launching in Q3?
- New BlackBerry Bold 9780 with OS 6 caught on video