The Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc has been available for quite a while worldwide, yet people in the US who were after an unlocked Xperia Arc had nowhere to turn up until now.
This all changed today because the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc can now be bought from Sony’s US online store. The smartphone comes unlocked, sans carrier branding, and SIM-free. Because of that, the price being asked is a lot more than you’re used to if you only check pricing for new two-year contracts. But there’s no commitment here. You can use the device on AT&T (on 3G and EDGE) and T-Mobile (EDGE only) for as long as you want.
So how much is it? The Xperia Arc can be yours for $599.99. If you’re interested, Sony’s store is waiting for you to place your order.
The Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc has a 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 512 MB of RAM, a 4.2-inch capacitive screen with “mobile Bravia engine”, an 8-megapixel Exmor R camera with autofocus and LED flash, 720p HD video recording, HDMI out, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, microSD card support, and a 1500 mAh battery. It runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc pre-orders have started in India, availability expected in April
- #MWC11: Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo hands-on video
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V now available in the US unlocked for $349.99, Xperia Arc S in stock too
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray officially headed to Telus Canada
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc can be pre-ordered in the UK, could be launched in April