A couple of days ago, we reported that the Android 3.1 update for the Acer Iconia Tab A500 had apparently started rolling out in the US. That was pretty much on time, since Acer previously said that the update would be available on July 5.
In the US, updating wasn’t all smooth sailing, with several people reporting either getting older software (still newer than Android 3.0, but not 3.1) or getting their devices bricked. That includes one of our commenters. So be careful. Of course should anything happen, it’s clearly covered by warranty, but you will lose a few minutes, hours, or days, talking to Acer support and getting things fixed or getting a replacement.
If you’re in North America and your Iconia Tab A500 hasn’t yet informed you about the update, fret not for it’s probably on its way. Let’s hope it will slowly become available worldwide next.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 Android 3.1 update has started rolling out
- Samsung Galaxy S official firmware update can void your Vodafone warranty
- Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich update for Acer Iconia Tab A200 rolling out now?
- Asus Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700T) and Acer Iconia Tab A700 get updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 and A100 will be updated to Android 4.0 ICS starting April 27