The second largest US mobile carrier has announced not only the handset’s launch date (July 17), but also its price: $49.99 with a new 2-yr contract agreement.
Just like the ChaCha, the Status will come with Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread (being AT&T’s first smartphone to run this version of Android). The handset features a full QWERTY keyboard, a 2.6 inch HVGA touchscreen display, HSDPA, Wi-Fi, GPS, 5MP rear camera, and a VGA front-facing camera.
One of the selling points of the HTC Status is the deep Facebook integration: there’s a dedicated Facebook button below the QWERTY keyboard, which lets users instantly post on Facebook, upload photos and videos, and Check in to Facebook Places.
Here’s an official video preview of the HTC Status:
Customers can already pre-order the Status here at AT&T. Starting July 17, Best Buy will offer an exclusive mauve version of the smartphone (presumably also for $49.99 on contract).
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T’s ChaCha Facebook phone may be called HTC Status
- AT&T HTC Status now available for $49.99
- HTC Status will bring some Facebook love to Telus this Friday
- Facebook-loving HTC ChaCha on its way to Canada (via Telus)
- AT&T officially acknowledges the existence of the Facebook-centric HTC Status (its ChaCha)