Both new smartphones have appeared on the carrier’s mail-in rebate form for July 15 – November 20, which should mean they’ll be released in November the latest. The rebate form also shows the HTC Desire II and HTC Wildfire S (we’ve previously heard that these would be introduced US Cellular), plus some phones that are already available – thus it’s probably legit.
Unlike the previous two Torch smartphones, the Torch 9850 / 9860 won’t have a hardware keyboard. Instead, it will come with a a 3.7 inch WVGA display, Wi-Fi, a single-core 1.2GHz processor, and BlackBerry OS 7.
Also running BlackBerry OS 7, the Curve 9350 / Curve 9360 should feature a 2.4 inch HVGA screen, 800MHz processor, and a standard QWERTY keyboard.
It’s quite possible that Verizon and Sprint will offer the Torch 9850 and Curve 9350, too, since they’re CDMA devices. We’ll provide more details as soon as new info is unveiled.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Curve 9350 launched by US Cellular
- Bell BlackBerry Curve 9360 will be available on August 29
- BlackBerry Torch 9860, Torch 9810 and Curve 9360 show up at O2 UK’s website
- New BlackBerry Curve 9360 waiting to be announced, too
- New BlackBerry Torch 9860, Torch 9810, Bold 9900 and Curve 9360 to be launched by Bell soon