Good news for those who were disappointed that Android 2.3 Gingerbread for their HTC Desire Z didn’t arrive before the end of June, as initially reported.
Now HTC states that the upgrade is scheduled to be rolled-out starting the next few weeks. The announcement was made on various HTC Facebook accounts (including HTC UK’s and HTC Romania’s accounts), and warns that “it may take a little time to reach all of you across every network.”
Anyway, the upgrade “should have reached everyone by the end of the month (July).”
Launched back in November 2010, the Desire Z is HTC’s latest QWERTY slider made for the global market (we don’t count the Evo Shift 4G and the Merge here, since they’re available only in North America).
The original HTC Desire is another Froyo handset that should get 2.3 Gingerbread before the end of the month.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Desire, Desire HD and Desire Z will get Android Gingerbread after the Desire S hits the shelves
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread upgrade for HTC Desire Z coming “before the end of June”
- Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Android 2.3 Gingerbread update may be out this month
- HTC Desire, Desire HD, Desire Z, and Incredible S will get Android Gingerbread in Q2
- HTC Desire may get Android 2.2 Froyo update on June 23d