Here’s some new information about the Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray‘s release in the UK. This smartphone was announced last month and at first looked like it would become available in the UK in August, with one retailer even taking pre-orders. Then yesterday we heard that it may have been delayed until September. That info came from Carphone Warehouse, the country’s best known mobile retailer.
Today mobile network operator Three has confirmed just that. We first found out that Three was going to carry the Xperia Ray a few weeks ago, but back then we didn’t know exactly when the phone would become available. That changes today, since Three has added the Xperia Ray to its Coming Soon page, complete with the estimated time frame of release: September.
So unless independent third party phone retailers other than the Carphone Warehouse somehow manage to get some Xperia Ray units before everyone else, it looks fairly clear that the little smartphone will be launching in the UK in September.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray may have been delayed until September in the UK
- UK: Sony Xperia T and Xperia J are out on September 5, Xperia Tablet S gets priced
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray may become available in the UK in August
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray pre-orders start in the UK for £349.99, shipping on August 15
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro may start shipping in late September in the UK