We still don’t know much about Sony’s two new Android tablets when it comes to features, but at least we know when one of them will be available, and that’s around September.
This is my next has reportedly seen some documents which indicate that the Sony S1 (the 10-inch tablet, not the 5.5 inch dual-screen one) will be available for pre-order in the UK starting September 1. This is in line with what we’ve previously heard, namely that Sony is planning to launch its first Android tablet before the end of September in Europe.
The S1 should run Android Honeycomb with some custom Sony UI on top of it. At the moment, there is no word on the tablet’s price, but considering its unique design and its presumably high-end features, a hefty price shouldn’t surprise anyone.
Both the Sony S1 and S2 have been approved by the FCC last month, so we should expect them to be released in North America, too, at some point.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Tablet S to hit the US on September 16
- Sony Tablet S will be launched in Canada this month
- The first Sony Android tablet (S1 or S2) will be available in Europe before the end of September
- Sony Xperia Tipo with AT&T-friendly 3G hits the FCC
- Alcatel OneTouch T60 Android tablet unveiled by the FCC