After having launched the HTC Sensation today, Telstra is getting ready to release yet another Android-powered smartphone, this time from Sony Ericsson. We’ve already known that the carrier was going to sell the Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo, but now we have an exact date to speak of, as well as pricing information, courtesy of Ausdroid.
The Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo will become available from Telstra on July 26. It will be free if you’ll get the $59/month Freedom Connect Plan. The phone will support ‘HD voice’ (also known as AMR-WB) on Telstra’s network.
This of course is the same Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo we’ve come to know and love elsewhere in the world. It’s essentially a little brother to the Xperia Arc, having a smaller 3.7-inch screen. It’s also thicker than the flagship, but aside from that it manages to pretty much replicate its entire spec sheet. The ‘arc’ is missing though, as you can see.
If you’re in Australia and are after a great midrange Android-powered smartphone, the Xperia Neo may just be for you. And you only have a couple of weeks of waiting to do before you’ll be able to get one from Telstra.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo to be released by Telstra in Australia
- Sony Xperia P to be launched by Telstra in Australia on June 26
- HTC Wildfire and SE X10 Mini Pro to bring more Android to Australia
- UK: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S ships on September 30, Xperia Pro on October 6
- Telstra brings the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to Australia