Here’s an amazing deal if it turns out to be real. Android Police reports that Target will start running a promo for the Acer Iconia Tab A500 on July 17. The offer will go on as long as supplies last. You’ll be able to buy the 10.1-inch Android Honeycomb tablet for just $400. But wait, there’s more. You’ll also receive a $50 Target gift card, which will effectively make the tablet’s price a mind-blowing $350.
That’s by far the cheapest we’ve ever seen a Honeycomb tablet go for, so needless to say that if you’re in the market for such a device, this is one deal that you shouldn’t miss. At this price, even if you weren’t sure whether you should get an Android tablet or one powered by another operating system, you should probably consider the Iconia Tab.
Spec-wise, the Acer Iconia Tab is exactly what you’d expect. It’s got a 1 GHz dual-core Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, 1 GB of RAM, a 5 MP rear camera as well as a 2 MP front-facing camera, 16 GB of internal storage space further expandable via microSD card slot, USB and microHDMI ports, and of course a 10.1-inch capacitive touchscreen. The Acer Iconia Tab A500 has been updated to Android 3.1 Honeycomb recently, and it will presumably also get Android 3.2 soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Acer’s Iconia A100, A500, A501, and W500 tablets get prices and release dates in the UK
- Acer Iconia Tab A200 officially announced, will get Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in 2012
- Acer Iconia now available at Best Buy for $450
- Acer Iconia Tab 100 launched in Canada
- Acer Iconia Tab A501 with 3G now available in the UK for £534