Already available for pre-order in the UK, the new Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray should also come to Germany soon, where Amazon lists the handset as costing €369. That’s slightly lower than the price for the UK market (£349.99 – about €397).
Unfortunately, Amazon Germany doesn’t say when the Xperia Ray will be available, and for now it doesn’t even take pre-orders. Update: actually, it looks like you can pre-order the handset.
In the UK, the new smartphone will be likely out in August (although we’ve also heard that it may have been delayed until September), so German customers should expect to get it at about the same time.
Like all the other Xperia smartphones announced this year, the Ray runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread. It also features a 3.3 inch FWVGA display, single-core 1GHz processor, HSDPA, Wi-Fi, GPS, 8MP autofocus camera, 720p video recording, and a 4GB memory card pre-installed.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray officially headed to Telus Canada
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray, Xperia Active and TXT announced (video)
- Sony Xperia Neo L MT25i announced as the company’s first Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich phone
- Sony Xperia P and Xperia U delayed in the UK until late May
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S coming to Three UK