Yesterday Sprint officially announced that July 31 will be the release date for the Motorola Photon 4G, its upcoming dual-core 4G Android-powered superphone. The Photon 4G was first unveiled at the beginning of June, and it’s undoubtedly going to be the non-3D star in Sprint’s smartphone portfolio.
Sprint’s official pricing for the Photon 4G has it at $199.99 with a new two-year contract. All pretty standard for a smartphone in this day and age. Yet if you want to get the Photon 4G cheaper, there’s already an option – even if the phone isn’t available yet.
Walmart is the hero here, for it has started taking pre-orders for the Motorola Photon 4G and it asks just $159.99 of you per device. Of course you’ll still need to sign a contract with Sprint, but that’s $40 saved before the phone even hit the streets. This is especially good news for early adopter types, who usually pay the most for any gadget. Let’s hope this trend continues.
Anyway, to pre-order your very own Photon 4G from Walmart, just click here.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint Motorola Photon 4G available now (only online)
- Sprint Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE officially lands on August 19 for $199.99, pre-orders start today
- Sprint Motorola Photon 4G will be available on July 31 for $199.99
- Motorola Photon 4G now available at Sprint
- Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus officially launching on April 22 for $199.99, pre-orders already available