The HP TouchPad has finally become available outside the US, just five short months after it was announced. The few countries that were lucky enough to be granted the honor of selling the TouchPad starting today are the UK, Canada, Germany, and France. At least those have been confirmed until now. The TouchPad may have become available elsewhere too.
Many customers who pre-ordered a TouchPad in those countries may have already received it, but today is the first day when you can just go to an actual physical store to pick one up.
In the UK, you can get a 16 GB Wi-Fi model for £399, or one with 32 GB of storage for £479. Some of the places you can buy it from are PC World, Currys, Comet, the Carphone Warehouse, and even direct from HP.com.
In Canada, the prices are $449.99 for the 16 GB version, and $549.99 for double that storage space. Retailers that now sell the TouchPad include Best Buy, Future Shop, The Source, Costco, Staples, London Drugs, Rogers sales locations, the HP store in Vancouver, as well as HPshopping.ca.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HP TouchPad can be pre-ordered in the US and Canada now
- Microsoft Surface Pro will be released on February 9. Surface RT arriving in 13 new countries soon
- HP TouchPad pre-orders now live in the UK, prices start at £399.99, shipping on July 15
- HP TouchPad will be available in Australia on August 15
- HP Pre 3 apparently delayed ’til late July in the UK