We’ve known for quite a while that the Samsung Galaxy S II was headed to the big US carriers. It was pretty obvious just from looking at the original Galaxy S and its distribution stateside, but we also got a leak stating as much back in May. As with its predecessor, the Galaxy S II would also get a different name on each carrier.
Sprint’s Samsung Galaxy Within will be one of those. And it may be released later this month, if a previous rumor is to be believed. Today’s leak certainly gives credence to the fact that the Within is coming soon.
This is my next allegedly received a couple pictures of that device. Here they are in all their glory:
The tipster who sent the photos also said that the Within will launch running Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread, complete with Google Talk video call support.
The Galaxy Within will clearly be aiming for the top spot in Sprint’s non-3D portfolio, making a great choice for lovers of great screens with its Super AMOLED Plus touchscreen (we’re assuming it will keep the screen found in the international version Galaxy S II).
If this handset is due to launch soon, expect the number of leaks of it to suddenly increase in the next few days and weeks.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 may sell with thicker and less bright screen in some markets
- Samsung’s Android Gingerbread flagship smartphone leaked (it’s not the Nexus S)
- Google now lets you register for Sprint’s Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- UK: Google Nexus S now only £318 SIM-free
- Samsung Galaxy S US promo website goes live. Verizon launching the smartphone, too?