Now, new details have been uncovered, suggesting that “Kingdom” will not be the smartphone’s final name.
Say, how do you like the “HTC Hero 4G” name? This has appeared on a DLNA certificate, as well as on some photo sharing websites, making PocketNow believe that it will be the handset’s official moniker.
Back in October 2009, Sprint released the now obsolete HTC Hero (running Android 1.5 at the time), so it would make sense for the carrier to come with a 4G successor to it.
Phandroid is reporting that the Kingdom / Hero 4G “has been in testing for the past few months”, so it shouldn’t be long until Sprint releases it.
The features of the Kingdom / Hero 4G should include: Android 2.3 Gingerbread, a 4 inch qHD display, 1.2GHz single-core processor, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, 5MP rear camera with 720p video recording, 1.3MP front-facing camera, and 768MB of RAM.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Kingdom may hit US Cellular as the Hero S
- Sprint’s HTC Kingdom leaked: Android 2.3 Gingerbread, qHD display
- HTC Hero S for US Cellular gets pictured for the first time
- CDMA HTC Hero approved by FCC – Sprint launch imminent?
- HTC Kingdom specs leak, coming to Sprint as the Evo Design 4G and to Alltel as the Acquire