The new Samsung Galaxy Z, which was officially introduced in Sweden last month, is also headed to the UK. It won’t be called Galaxy Z there, though, but Galaxy R.
Coming as the little brother of the Galaxy S II I9100, the Galaxy R / Z features a 4.2 inch S-LCD WVGA display, 1GHz dual-core Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, 5MP rear camera with 720p video recording, 1.3MP front-facing camera, 8GB of internal memory, and a metallic back case (which makes it a bit heavier than the S II: 135g vs 116g).
According to Cnet, the Galaxy R will be available to UK customers before he end of July, thus starting the next couple of weeks.
The price of the Samsung Galaxy R for the UK market hasn’t been disclosed. Also, there’s no word on which mobile carriers will offer it (if any, because Samsung may want to sell this model only unlocked, via various retailers).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy S II launching in 120 countries in early May; 10 million units expected to be sold
- Samsung Galaxy Xcover S5690 coming to the UK next week
- Samsung Galaxy Note II already available in the UK?
- Samsung Galaxy S III (16GB and 32GB) officially priced in Taiwan
- Samsung Galaxy S II officially launching in the UK on May 1